Happy New Year from all at Ernest Till!
1. All works as detailed above will be undertaken during normal Monday to Friday working hours.
2. Our quotation assumes access will be made readily available, any costs incurred for down time caused through lack of access will be invoiced at £65.00 plus VAT per hour.
3. No allowance has been included for any making good of the plaster / décor.
4. Our quotation is strictly nett of VAT which will be added to our invoice at the applicable rate and our payment terms are 14 days from date of invoice.
5. Satisfactory certificates will be issued on receipt of payment.
6. Please note that this quotation is valid for 30 days from date of issue.
7. Please note if you live within a Clean Air Zone an additional charge of £9.00 will be added to your invoice.
8. All materials supplied are covered by a one year’s manufacturers guarantee, however labour is chargeable on any recall visits.
9. Waste will not be removed from site and additional charges will apply if you require removal.
10. A minimum of 5 working days cancellation notice is required for cancellation of works.
If cancellation is made within less than 5 days, a charge may be applied.
Any restocking fees for materials ordered for works will be passed on.
When data is stored electronically, it must be protected from unauthorised access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts.:
• Data should be protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly and never shared between employees.
• If data is stored on removable media (like a CD/DVD/removable drive) these should be kept locked away securely when not being used.
• Data should only be stored on designated drives and servers, and should only be uploaded to an approved cloud computing service.
• Servers containing personal data should be sited in a secure location away from general office space.
• Data should be backed up frequently, these backups should be tested regularly in line with the company’s standard backing up procedures.
• Data should never be saved directly to laptops or other mobile devices like tablets or smart phones.
• All servers and computers containing data should be protected by approved security software and a firewall.
Personal data is of no value to Ernest Till South West & Co Ltd:
• When working with personal data, employees should ensure the screens of their computers are always locked when left unattended.
• Personal data should not be shared informally, in particular it should never be sent by email as this form of communication is not secure.
• Data must be encrypted before being transferred electronically, IT consultant DLIT can explain how to send data to authorised external contacts if required.
• Personal data should never be transferred outside of the European Economic Area
The law requires Ernest Till South West & Co Ltd to take reasonable steps to ensure data is kept accurate and up to date.
• Data will be held in as few places as necessary, staff should not create any unnecessary additional data sets
• Staff should take every opportunity to ensure data is updated, for instance by confirming a customer’s details when they call or email.
• Data should be updated as inaccuracies are discovered, for instance if a customer can no longer be reached on their stored telephone number it should be removed from the data base.
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Ernest Till South West & Co Ltd are entitled to:
• Ask what information the company holds about them and why
• Ask how to gain access to it
• Be informed how to keep it up to date • Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
If an individual contacts the company requesting this information this is called a subject access request. Subject access requests from individuals should be made by email, addressed to The Managing Director, email@example.com Individuals may be charged £10 per subject access request, the company aim to provide the relevant data within 14 working days. The data controller will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
In certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. Under these circumstances, Ernest Till South West & Co Ltd will disclose requested data however The Managing Director will ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from the Company’s legal advisers.
Ernest Till South West & Co Ltd aims to ensure that individuals are aware that their data is being processed and they understand:
• How the data is being used
• How to exercise their rights
To these ends the company has a privacy statement, setting out how data relating to individuals is used by the company, this is available on request. A version of this statement is shown below and is also available on the Company’s website.
When taking payment over the phone, Ernest Till South West & Co Ltd use a privacy application which enables the details to be shared once only and all recording equipment is always turned off when card details are shared.